August 5, 2013

Beat the Monday Blues: Watch 408 Hot Air Balloons Take Off at the Same Time

It's the beginning of another week, and some of us are back in the office. (Not me though, I'm on my summer break... which ends in 3 weeks!) 

Anyway, I've got a video that will hopefully make you smile. Taken last week at the Lorraine Mondial Air Ballons in France, it shows 408 air balloons being launched, breaking a world record for mass take-off (the standing record was at 343 balloons). Thanks to some photographers on scene, we're able to see how the launch looked like. This one is from Stephane Tauziede:


As seen from a sunflower field - fabulous shot!

All these hot air balloon talk reminds me of Cappadocia in Turkey. Cappadocia is one of the world's best ballooning sites, with marvelous, unique views of carved cave villages and rock formations below. My aunts holidayed there - simply fantastic. Definitely a place to pin onto my dream travel list!


Wishing you a great week!

Images: here, here

3 comments:

  1. this is amazing! love ur posts yiwei :)
    keep up the gd work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tyler! Hopefully UST work won't stop me from posting lol XD

      Delete
    2. hahah i really hope so :) well, you just got your one last semester!

      Delete