September 16, 2013

DIY Wire Ring

Happy Monday and hope you're beating the Monday blues! To all Malaysians, Happy Malaysia Day. May we strive to better our country when and where we can.

(Down with race-based politics! Down with corruption! Down with crime... and dare I say, down with UMNO who is the source of rotten policies and the first two issues?)

Anyway, last week I was feeling crafty so I put my copper wire to good use to make a wire heart ring, inspired by I Spy Diy. Look how pretty it is!

Yi Wei Lim, yiweilim, diy, diy wire ring, heart ring, heart, love, i spy diy, diy jewelry

Below is the tutorial. But first of all, you will need some wire, a pair of jewelry pliers, and a sharp pair of scissors. Normal household pliers should work, which was what I had. You can use aluminium wire, but I like copper for its rose gold colour.

Yi Wei Lim, yiweilim, diy wire ring, diy, diy jewelry, wire ring, ring, pliers, copper

Read further instructions here.

What I like about these rings is that they're so flexible! Once you feel more confident, you can experiment with other shapes. I did this:

Yi Wei Lim, yiweilim, diy wire ring, diy, diy jewelry, love, love ring, copper, rings

The selections are unlimited! However, I think if you want to do more intricate patterns, a pair of jewelry pliers might serve you better. I'm trying to form longer words, and am coming up with a bit of a bottleneck with my carpentry pliers. 

Hope you enjoy making them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment